Winch Tourbillon Vertical
It began with the image of a capstan. A mechanical devise comprised of a large drum on a vertical axis, hand-operated by a lever, the winch, causing a rope or chain to wrap around the drum.
From this action is derived the force to move other mechanisms. From this simple idea was born the Cabestan Winch Tourbillon Vertical.
Capstans are used for winding the movement and setting the time. A miniature fusée-and-chain transmit the energy. A vertical tourbillon regulates the movement. Drums display the time. And a small winch handle concealed in the deployant buckle activates the mechanisms. All perfectly and stunningly visible under twin sapphire crystals that provide spectacular 180° views of the movement.
The result: a rare work of fine mechanical art, an exceptional timepiece demonstrating unparalleled elegance and harmony and housing one of the most precise mechanical movements in the world.
• Calibre CAB EC 102, manually wound with Swiss lever escapement, entirely conceived, developed and built by the Cabestan Manufacture
• Tourbillon regulated at 6 positions with constant force delivered by a system of fusée-and-chain
• Frequency: 21 600 alt/h or 3 Hz
• Cases in brushed natural titanium, black PVD titanium, 3N yellow gold, 5N pink gold, palladium white gold and platinum
• Case composed of 7 elements welded in a controlled atmosphere
• Two sapphire metallized crystals hand-fitted to each case
• Two functional capstans: rewinding and time setting
• Two decorative capstans