VOUTILAINEN’S SYSTEM 2 INTERPRETATION !
Inspired by Danel Kahneman’s (renowned psychologist - Nobel Prize in Economics) book « Thinking, Fast and Slow », Kari Voutilainen applied the principle System1 / System2 in the VINGT-8 ISO.
Introduced at the SIHH 2017, the creation shows how the System 1 (which is the familiar or common way to read the time) is deeply integrated in our culture. In fact, so deep that it’s quite difficult to understand a new display approach at the first time...
THE FIVE IMPORTANT POINTS IN TERMS OF TIME READING :
- At the top of each hour, the minute hand overlaps the hour hand.
- On every half hour, the minute and hours hands are opposite.
- The circle of minutes turns at the same rate as the hour hand for easy reading.
- The angle between the hour hand and the minute hand remains the same regardless of the time.
- The position of the hour and minute hands, with respect to the other is always according to the minutes, whatever the hour is.
The minutes indication is a disc and you can adjust it with the crown.
The key is to know that both hands overlaps each other each hour! That’s how you'll easilyswitch to the « System2 »
Very Original and Beautiful.
Bravo M. VOUTILAINEN !